Construction is complete on the University of San Diego‘s Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science’s new Betty and Bob Beyster Institute for Nursing Research, Advanced Practice, and Simulation. Although classes started on August 24, the ribbon cutting ceremony was held on September 1.
Check out this time lapse video created by DPR Construction taken during construction.
- Site preparation to relocate existing utilities started June 2014
- First new building construction activity started September 2014
- Initially projected substantial completion: 8/3/2015
- Substantial completion / TCO from the City: 8/7/2015
- Classes started 8/24/2015
- With the hard work and creativity of the whole team $3M worth of value engineering was obtained to stay on budget
Other Construction Highlights:
- 51 drilled piers
- 1,223 cubic yards of concrete poured
- 27,000 units of CMU block
- 168 tons of steel
- 120,000 man-hours, over 1,000 craftsmen
Thanks to Matt Pranzo of Mirror Mirror Digital Media for putting together the time lapse video.
See also “ID Studios Awarded USD Beyster Institute For Nursing project” and “USD Breaking Ground For $18 Million Nursing Research Facility“